″Expect great things from God”, “Attempt great things for God”
The past few months since I have assumed the role of President of MACCW has been challenging to say the least. The Covid19 pandemic has ushered in a whole new way of life for all of us. It is a challenge along with the Lord’s help I greatly accept. There is still so much to learn in this virtual world we are trying to become adjusted too. We are Catholic Woman Strong! There is no challenge that we cannot overcome!
The objectives of the Miami Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women (MACCW) is to unite the Catholic organizations of women of this Archdiocese in purpose, direction and action in religious, educational, legislative, social and economic fields; to stimulate these organizations to greater efficiency in meeting the needs of the times; and to render them assistance in these efforts. We give full support to the statements and programs of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Some of our Programs and Activities:
- Seminarian Burse Fund – Join MACCW Penny-a-Day Club to support & pray for vocations
- Scholarship Fund – Awards financial assistance to 8th grade girls to continue Catholic School
- Chastity Day – Program for 8th grade students regarding Choices and Chastity
- Catholic Days at the Capitol – Visit with legislators in Tallahassee and attend the Red Mass
- Haitian Mass & Newborn Layettes – Outreach to expectant mothers in need from the community
- Discalced Carmelites – Assist with fundraising efforts to build their monastery
- Hugs for the Homeless – Fundraising for Statewide assistance for the homeless
To All Current Members,
I hope that you all prayerfully consider the theme of my presidency, and “attempt great things for God”
To All “Potential” Members,
My message to you Ladies is same as our previous Presidents: Come Join Us! Be the Voice of Catholic Women! We serve through Faith, Prayer and Action!
Come Share our Joy, Spirituality, and have Fun with us!
God bless you all,
Marliese Ljuba-President MACCW