The Miami Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women (MACCW) acts through its membership to support, empower and educate all Catholic Women in spirituality, leadership and service. MACCW members through our programs respond with gospel values to the needs of the Church and society in the modern world. We have been dedicated to serving the Church and Communities of South Florida in Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe Counties since 1958. The Miami Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women serve to unite all Catholic Women Organizations of this Archdiocese in purpose, direction and action in religious, educational, social and economic fields. MACCW also provides full support to the statements and programs of the United States Bishops Conference offering assistance in these efforts, most especially our Archbishop and the priests and parishes of the Archdiocese of Miami.
MACCW Activities and Programs are Channeled Principally through Six Commissions
- Church – Aims to create a community of God’s people. Organizes days of reflections, Liturgy, Scripture, Evangelization Ecumenism and the Pilgrim Virgin.
- Community – Aims to involve the member to answer needs of communities through programs for the environment and outreach to the Haitian community
- Family – Aims to assist families achieve a true Christian life: to preserve Christian principles . Organizes programs for seniors, youths, Respect Life, substance abuse, AIDS awareness, Chastity days and women’s concerns to foster healthy living.
- Legislation – Aims to provide information and techniques for influencing legislation, to encourage needed action on legislative issues, voter education, awareness of human trafficking and sexual assault issues and many more.
- International – Aims to awaken in all Christians a conviction of the relationship between all mankind around the world by embracing world peace and programs such as Help-a-child, Change For change, the Burse Funds and many others.
- Organizational – Aims to provide guidance and assistance (a service bureau for officers and all chairmen. Assists the council by providing leadership training, fostering member drives, distributing publication, publicity, hospitality and maintaining the website.
MACCW Mission Statement
- To unite all Catholic Women Organizations of this Archdiocese in purpose, direction and action in religious, educational, social and economic fields.
- To stimulate these organizations to greater efficiency and usefulness in meeting the needs of the times.
- To give full support to the statements and programs of the United States Bishops Conference and to render them assistance in these efforts.
NCCW Mission Statement
The National Council of Catholic Women acts through its affiliated organizations to support, empower and educate all Catholic Women in spirituality, leadership and service. NCCW programs respond with Gospel values to the needs of the Church and society in the modern world.
More in this section…